Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Garden- Apartment Style





Growing up we always had a huge garden. A garden is one of those things that I didn't care for too much as a kid, because a garden meant work. Now I would love to have a big yard with room for a garden of delicious fresh vegetables.

This spring, I decided to grow a few things in pots on our balcony and here is how things are turning out. In the front row is cilantro, and a tomato plant that was started from a seed and has been very slow to grow. Any tips? In the back row is carrots, I’m interested to see how they do in a pot, flowers, parsley, more flowers, and another tomato plant that I bought when it was about a foot tall. I wanted to take individual shots of each plant, but decided that a few group pictures were sufficient. Can you tell I’m proud of my little garden? Maybe it is my biology background, but there is something very exciting and intriguing about growing plants.

1 comment:

An Ordinary Mom said...

I grew up with a garden, too, and I can't wait to get into a house so we can start our own garden!

 

Made by Lena