Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sugar Coated Pecans



I found this delicous recipe online at allrecipes.com and wanted to share it. It is great on salads, or as a snack. I made a pound of pecans for New Years and they were gone in 2 days. I love them and it is easy!

INGREDIENTS
1 pound pecan halves

1 egg white
1 tablespoon water

1 cup white sugar (I tried using 1/4 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cups white sugar and liked it)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS

In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on a foil lined baking sheet (for easy clean up).

Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

Yummy sounds good, I will have to try this!

Nate and Lynlee said...

I made these today! SOOOOO good. I'm actually eating them right now! I thought they were so good, I also posted them on our blog for those who don't check your blog. Hope you don't mind! Thanks for the recipe. Keep them coming!

 

Made by Lena