Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wanna Make Some Money?



So apparently dental school doesn’t keep me busy enough. This past week I decided to start my own business…hey, I gotta pay for tuition somehow, right? For the past year and a half, I have been a member of various “GPT sites.” For those unfamiliar with the term GPT, it stands for “Get-Paid-To” and these so-called GPT sites are websites that pay members to perform various tasks…some pay you to read emails, others pay you to click on advertisements, take surveys, request information, sign up for trial offers, etc. They are all free to join, and over the past year and a half I have managed to make thousands of dollars from them, along with winning many prizes (like ipods, gift cards, computer speakers, a Nintendo DS, a camera, etc.) from contests many of the sites hold.

Well, recently I decided to start MY OWN GPT site....SimpleGPT.com. It is 100% free to join, and all of the offers on my site are free as well. Each offer you complete will earn you a certain number of points. The points can then be redeemed for a variety of gift cards or a custom prize of your choice. You can earn a $15 gift card by completing just a few short surveys.

The site is still in its beginning stages and is pretty simple right now (no pun intended). I hope to add a lot more offers soon. I'll probably try to keep the membership low, because I don't have a TON of free time to devote to responding to members' emails, problems, etc., but
I do hope to eventually have monthly contests where members can win fun prizes. If you’re interested in joining, sign up below! Also, if you’re new to GPT sites, let me know and I can send you a tutorial with some great tips! (For instance, you’ll want to set up a junk email account to avoid the tons of spam you’ll get!) Wish me luck in this new adventure!


Posted by Doug

6 comments:

Jen said...

Thats so funny- Dave was just telling me about how you get all this free stuff...And I always thought Dave was the king of free things!

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

ok i totally want to do that, i actually just sighned up to do all the seceret shopping, and do the surveys online. i was starting to think it wasnt real. tell me how to do it?

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

hey there! my email is donjenbrown@hotmail.com

Amanda & Jason said...

wow! Have fun with the kids. I think that you'll be ok because you and doug are so calm and you two are good with kids. Me, I can't even handle Jaden sometimes and right now I have a cold and with no sleep, I am not fun to be around. I feel bad for Jason!:) At least he knows how to handle me! LOL. Well maybe next time they go to Hawaii, you can leave the kids with them. It's a good trade off! Oh, doug, I think that I am really going to try and do this GPT thing. so you need to send me all the stuff again. I need something to help start paying off the dental school loans. $$$$$$$$$$$$ Need money!

Fran Ross said...

Jessica, I just saw your blog on Amanda's page and wanted to say hi. Send me an email
franceselizabethross@gmail.com if you want to see our blog. Your little girl is super cute! It's so good to see your happy family and what you've been up to.

Fran Ross

Lisa said...

hey doug, i'm a little wary of this gpt thing, but coming from you i would definitely feel more confident about it. i know i would definitely be into more $$! will you send me the tutorial info and i'll think about it? thanks!

 

Made by Lena